Saturday, August 3, 2013

Adding Color to a White Paper Doily


Simple card today. 
Color palette: Baked Brown Sugar, Crushed Curry, Crisp Cantaloupe, vanilla

I started with a 4" white paper doily. 
It is very easy to add color to the white doily by using an ink pad and brayer. 


You can make the color as deep as you'd like just by re-inking the brayer and going over
the doily several times. 

Additional things used on the card: Off the Grid, Mixed Bunch, and Feel Goods stamp sets. 
Since I cut the doily in half to use on the card front I took the other half and used it inside the card. 
I added a piece of vanilla cardstock across the top to allow for a handwritten greeting. 
Couldn't resist adding a few more flowers using Mixed Bunch stamp set. Just love the Baked Brown Sugar flowers!

Well I know its getting really close for kids to go back to school. Its not because of all the back to school ads on TV or the ads in the Sunday paper from all the dept stores....no it is something else that tells me.
It is the Marching Band!!!! You see we live pretty close the High School, and when the kids are practicing on the field at the beginning of August the music travels over breeze and ends up in my back yard.....I know it getting close!  School is starting earlier this year August 15th. They get out on May 29th. So the school year will be a little different. With them starting back to school early my hubby will be happy as he'll get to go back to second shift. He likes that shift better.

Weight loss inspiration of the day....Love this one!

 “If I hired one of the stock boys to chase me around the store with a licorice whip, I'd be thin by Christmas.” 
 ―Jennette Fulda

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: