Friday, August 2, 2013

Harvest of Thanks Note Cards and Jar


Now that it is August my mind is turning towards Fall. 
Fall is my favorite time of the year. I just love the deep rich colors. 
Of course I'd like Fall much better if it was not followed by the 
dreaded Old Man Winter. 

Okay I will not think of Winter while it is so nice outside! 

The note cards are 9 1/2 x 2 3/4, and 
I'm using coin envelopes for them. The coin
envelopes are 5 x 3


I used Spice Cake designer paper (retired SU) for the cards and envelope flaps. 
Stamp set Harvest of Thanks (holiday mini catalog)


I purchased a wide mouth mason jar at Pat Catan's last week and thought it would make a perfect container for cards. 
Burlap was used to cover the top lid of the jar.
Natural ribbon was wrapped around to hold the burlap in place. Then I added
A thanks tag along with some Sweet Buttons embosslits. 

I enjoyed changing gears from Christmas cards to make the Jar of Note cards.

So I was gathering veggies from the garden to make a salad last night. I forgot to pick the romaine lettuce so I sent Skip out to pick some. He brings me this nice full bowl of leafy greens and I start to wash them one by one. The first one was washed fine. I wash the top of the second leaf....turned it over only to discover a very large......I mean very large.....SPIDER!!!!!!! Of course I started screaming threw the leaf back in the bowl and was yelling for Skip to come kill it. Which he did....but I'm thinking I'm not going anywhere near the romaine lettuce again!!!!!!! Darn near had a heart attack.  Its not easy being a gardener when you are afraid of things with 8 legs.



Weight loss inspiration of the day:

 "My advice is, never do tomorrow what you can do today. Procrastination is the thief of time."
 ~Charles Dickens

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: