Sunday, August 11, 2013

Did a little Harvesting


So we are getting some nice veggies from the garden. The green peppers are really coming in nice this season! I also have picked some wonderful green beans. 


On Pinterest I learned that male peppers have three bumps on the bottom, and female peppers have 4 bumps on the bottom. 
Female peppers have more seeds and are sweeter and better to be eaten raw, while male peppers are better for cooking. Learn something new everyday. 


One of the main things I can see between the two peppers is the ones with 4 bumps on the bottom are much bigger than the 3 bump ones. 


Some of the tomatoes are also getting ripe. I'm thinking by next week the bumper crop will come in, and I'll be busy washing, taking the skins off and freezing them.

Weight loss inspiration for the day:

 What are stumbling blocks and defeat before you, can be stepping stones to victory if you remain determined.

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: