Sunday, August 25, 2013

Shabby Chic Spool of Thread Card


This was fun to make and right up my alley! I love Shabby Chic, and vintage stamps. 

I started out by making a template for a A2 size card cut at 4 1/4 x 11. The template was in the shape of a spool of thread. Next step was to emboss it with wood folder (Cuttlebug)

Recently took advantage of the buy 3 get one free designer paper. One of the pack I ordered was Etcetera. This paper is so me! 

I took the Coral one and cut to fit the center of the spool.
I then use a brayer to ink a 4 inch paper doily with Old Olive ink.
This was then cut in half and pleated. I adhered it to the side of the spool. 
Of course I had to use the new Shop Around wheel with Soft Suede for the main image. The vanilla panel was then layered on Soft Suede. 
And since I had made all those Simply Pressed flowers recently (see yesterday's post) I was all set to add one to this card. 

As I'm looking at this I'm thinking the spool of thread could also be an hourglass shape of a woman. Wish I had her problems....OOH LA LA!

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: