Monday, November 30, 2015

Mailable Monday # 131


I'm back with Mailable Monday. Didn't post one last week due to

my daughters birthday. 

These colors are a little different for Christmas. 


The base card and stamped layer is Smokey Slate. 

Stamp set Reason for the Season. I like being able to use 

one stamp set to complete a card. This set comes with three different greetings. 

This stamp set is three steps. I did the bold image first with Real Red, then the 

detail layer in black, and lastly Old Olive ink for the leaves. 

I wanted more pop, so I stamped the bold image and detail layer on another 

piece of Smokey Slate then cut it out and placed over the stamped image

using a pop dot. I then used a white gel pen to add some detail on the petals and leaves. 

The stamped panel was layered on white and adhered to the card with pop dots. 

I also added a strip of white organza ribbon. This ribbon is great for mailing as

its flat and doesn't really need a bow or knot. Just cut a v shape on each end and

its ready to mail. 


Here is a side view so you can see how the flower is layered. 

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: