Thursday, November 19, 2015

Ornament Fridge Magnets


How about some ornament fridge magnets for the holiday? 

For the base I used coffee sleeves from Starbucks. 

Next I used scraps of designer paper to cover the circle (2 inch circle punch).
 
After the pieces were glued in place using tombo liquid glue I added 
 
stitch lines with a black marker. To make them shine a bit I brushed them
 
with Modge Podge, but you could also cover them with a thin layer of 
 
SU crystal effects. 
 
After they were dry I wanted a bit more texture so I ran them through the Big
 
Shot using the new snowflake embossing folder. 
 
 
Here is a close up view so you can see the detail. 
 
After the decorating was done I added a magnet to the back of each one. 
 
The snowflake is from the pillow box thinlit, and was cut with glimmer paper. 
 
This was then layered on the largest flower from the boho punch. They
 
layer really well together. Other stamp set used Sparkly Seasons. It
 
was perfect for the ornament hanger. 
 
Stamping trails
Karen 

No comments: