Friday, November 6, 2015

Sunflower Punch Card



I had fun yesterday making this cute sunflower card. 

I used the new bundle from SU holiday mini. Its a Christmas 

stamp set with a matching punch, however as you can see its

not just for Christmas! 

Sometimes I have problems lining up stamps sets with the matching punch. 

Here is how I made this flower. 
 
 
 
First I punched a hello honey piece of cardstock. 
 
Then I took the matching stamps and lined them up stamp side down in 
 
the negative space. 
 
 
I then took a block and pressed it down on the stamps. 

After inking up the stamps, and stamping down a strip of cardstock 

I was all set up to punch. 


See how well it all lines up?


To build the flower I punched out a  circle using the 1 1/4 inch circle punch. 

The petals I folded just with my fingers before adhering them to the 

circle with glue dots. Then I just added another layer of petals offsetting 

them from the bottom layer. 

The leaves were stamped on wild wasabi cardstock with garden green ink. 

Then I punched a chocolate chip 1 1/4 inch circle and ran it through the big

shot with the decorative dots folder. 



The flower was mounted on a crumb cake layer that was stamped with 

the hardwood background stamp. 

I used pop dots to attach the flower to the layer. 

Early espresso seam binding finished off the card. 

Pat Catan's sent me coupons earlier last week and the sale started yesterday. 

Skip took me out last evening and I spent some money!!! Total was 108, but I had 
 
a coupon for 20 off a 100 dollar order, so I did pretty well. 
 
I got some of my Christmas shopping done, and I got a lot of fun
 
stuff to make some great gifts. Can't wait to get started, but I'm still 
 
trying to finish up the sewing projects. Love this time of the year! 
 
Stamping trails
Karen 

No comments: