Friday, September 1, 2017

Fall Themed ATC


Happy 1st day of September. 

I love this time of the year! 

Here in the Northeast I find September to be 

the most comfortable month. 

Temps drop into the 50's at night which makes for great sleeping weather, 

and the days still get into the upper 70's. Ah so nice! 

Of course my birthday is also in September which makes the month

especially nice! 

I made the Fall themed ATC for a swap. 

Love the colors! The leaf on the right started off as

as a white piece of cardstock. Ran it through an embossing folder then

used a leaf punch. After that I sponged yellow, pumpkin and red ink on it. 

To finish it off I brushed it with glossy accents and sprinkled a bit of 

dazzling diamonds glitter on top. 


But that is not the best part. This ATC opens up to show more. 

Greeting inside reads "the colors of autumn" The leaf layered on the scallop circle
 
was also made with a punch. 
 
 
This one by EK Success. Cool punch as is punches the leaf part way

allowing it to be folded over. That way you can layer cardstock under it. 


This ATC was created by Julie from the Pennywise group that

I'm a member of. She sent this fun coffee one to me in May. Which

when I saw it had to copy the design. Thanks for the great idea Julie! 

Stamping trails
Karen

2 comments:

Carolyn Sharkas said...

I love these ATC's and the fold out adds so much fun to it. Fall is my favorite season, love everything about it especially the flavors, even though we don't really get anything but the flavors here in Florida. We do get some leaves changing color, in JANUARY/FEBRUARY, lol

I'm gonna have to try my luck at figuring out how to make the fancy fold on this and maybe send you out an ATC. Haven't made one since the last year we made them in VC Rocks!

Hugs,

Carolyn S.

Julie I. said...

I love your fall ATC! The fancy fold is perfect for featuring the beautiful leaf embellishments you made too! Thanks for sharing :)