Friday, September 22, 2017

Have a Boo-t-iful Halloween!


So its going to be in the 90's today. 

I can't believe it! No end in sight for this Fall heat wave....by the

way happy first day of Fall. 

This is card was fun to make! 

Lets start with the background...



I was in a heat embossing mood the other day. I ran black, white, and

cardstock weight vellum through a spider embossing folder. Next

I lightly went over the raised parts of the web with VersaMark ink. 

Sprinkled on some iridescent ice embossing powder then heat set. 


The completed black layer was adhered to a white base card. 

The boots, and greeting were from a set that I bought some years ago. 

Now I can't even remember which company made them, but I know I 

bought them at Archivers. 

Colored the boots in with color pencils, and highlighted with a stardust gel pen. 

The greeting is popped up over the cardstock, as is the which hat is from a Tim Holtz set. 


Here is a view of the inside. The greeting is from a SU stamp set. 


and here is the card I made using the cardstock weight vellum.

It looks better in person as I don't think I had the camera angled right to pick up

the ice embossing powder. 

So I hope everyone is enjoying the hot weather on this first day of Fall. 

I'll be creating away in my craft room, and keeping cool! 

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: