Saturday, January 5, 2019

Remember Vintage Lady Card



Isn't this a lovely image? This stamp was one of the 

Christmas gifts that Betty gave me. I've been

itching to design a card using this lady. 

Now while the stamp is new the other things

used are not. 

After I stamped, and colored the image I thought the

white background around it was plain and pretty boring. 

I didn't want to run the image with an embossing plate, but

I did want to do some embossing. 





So I took an embossing folder put the image inside, and

used my tiny little hammer (remember these coming with eyelet kits?)

to emboss just the white areas I wanted. Scared the cat when I started

pounding, but she got over it. 
 
 
If you look close (click on the image to enlarge)
 
You will see a gold heart in the corner. This is actually 
 
an old earring of mine. 
 



I went through my jewelry box and collected some things

that I don't wear anymore. Only had one of the heart earrings as 

I lost the other one. Had to get hubby to snip off the post part so

I could use it on the card. 

Anyway pieces, and parts of the jewelry are keep in this

"vintage" bicentennial jar. Don't know if it shows up well in the photo

but it has an eagle on the front. Here I go showing my age again! I was only

15 years old for July 4 1976

I have one last thing to share.





Hubby got me a new rug for my craft room. I did

have a blue area rug, but it was so worn. Since I couldn't

find a rug I wanted he took it upon himself to get one for me. 

I must say I love the earth tones, but I can't help thinking "catch the wave"!

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: