Saturday, October 20, 2007

One More Pocket Card/Sweetest Day

These are fun and can be habit forming. Although.....come to think of it everything stamping related is habit forming for me. Of course it may be less money if I had another vise, but I'm sure it wouldn't be as fun




Again....I really love the Punch Pals set. Lots of ways to use this set with many of Stampin'Up! punches.

I was trying to post this yesterday but Blogspot was having problems with uploading pictures. Yesterday was Sweetest Day. I believe the holiday is mostly just local to OH.

Herbert Birch Kingston, a Cleveland, Ohio philanthropist and candy company employee started Sweetest Day. He wanted to bring happiness to orphans, shut-ins and under-privileged. His intent was to show these people that they were not forgotten. In 1922, he started this holiday by giving candy and small gifts. He often used movie stars to distribute the gifts.

The popularity of this holiday quickly spread. Today, is celebrated with loved ones and friends. However, we encourage you to follow the intent of the original holiday, and find ways to give candy and small gifts to those in need.

So yesterday.....I wheeled mom around in her chair and greeted as many of the residents that we could just to say hi. It's sad that many of them have no one talking to them other than the little contact they get with the staff each day. I see other visitor's walk right pass them in the halls and do not respond to them when they say something. Many of the residents have Alzheimer's and don't know where they are only I think they know they are lonely if that makes any sense.

LOL now.....I just went and looked at the date of this post and it's showing Saturday.....time must be off.....it's Sunday. Now I'm really confused! And anymore it takes so little to confuse me. Okay I need my coffee and breakfast.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hi Karen,

I tried to post without signing in and it didn't work. Love the new projects.