Monday, October 1, 2007

Tab Punch Circle



Thanks to Dawn http://dawnsstampingthoughts.typepad.com/
for talking about this technique on her blog, it led me to Roxy
http://stampingwithroxy.typepad.com/my_weblog/
who posted the directions to punch a full circle using the tab punch! I was so surprised to find out you can also punch twice with the punch and make a circle layer for the scallop punch. How cool is that!!! Thanks ladies!

I made a full size card instead of the 3x3 card shown on Roxy's blog. She's right you need to practice on scrap first as I messed up some cardstock getting it to work. Once you have the hang of it though it's EASY! Set used Thankful Thoughts. Pumpkin is colored in with Pumpkin Pie ink and aqua painter, then shaded with Really Rust. To layer the saying I added three scallop punches. I'm going to use this card as a make and take for an upcoming workshop.

Everyone have a great stamping day!

1 comment:

Kimm BT said...

How clever with the punches! Thanks Karen for sharing:)
Kimm BT