Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Little Scissor Holder



This little scissor case was made using the Petal Cone die, and Sweet Stitches fabric. Flower on the flap of the case was made with Fun Flowers die. This little sewing project is also the first one I made using my new (old) machine that I got from the Good Will several weeks ago.




The flower petals were stiffened with a glue and water mix. I think you could also use spray starch but I didn't have any on hand. Love the new designer vintage faceted buttons that SU has in the new catalog. I also added a piece of dark brown ribbon behind the flower before I attached it.

So since Skip had yesterday off he thought it was the perfect day to go on a tire hunt for my car. (Back tires really needed to be replaced). I'm not using the term hunt loosely here folks. We went to three different places and ended up getting them at the last place. What an adventure that was. It was a used tire warehouse and we had to drive the car up an enclosed ramp to get into the warehouse to have them mounted, balanced, and put on. Was a long afternoon. Did I mention that it was still raining and cold out? Did I also mention that every time the wipers on my car are turned on they squeak? So nerve racking. Skip's going to try to fix that problem.

Happy Halloween! I have to leave my outside Halloween decor up till Sunday. The city of Brunswick along with many other cities here in Ohio have changed the date for Tricks or Treats due to the bad weather. As Charlie Brown would say.....Good Grief! 

Stamping trails
Karen 

1 comment:

Debby said...

This would make cute gifts. I don't have this die as I don't have a die cutting machine big enough for those dies. :( Yours turned out so cute.
angel hugs
Debby