Saturday, October 20, 2012

SU Stars Fall and Halloween Blog Hop





Welcome to the SU Stars Fall/Halloween blog hop.

 

I get to kick off this Hop. 

 Since I love Halloween I decided to design my project around the holiday. 


The idea came to me for the hat after cleaning up the storage craft closet. I found the paper mache witch hat that I've had for several years now and decided now would be a good time to use it and get it out of storage.

First thing was to paint it. I wanted to use things on hand instead of running out to Pat Catan's for more supplies. I had Folk Art Grass Green Acrylic paint on the shelve and put on two coats of it using a foam brush. 

Next I got out the low temp glue gun and gathered and glued Early Espresso tulle all the way around the brim. This step went really fast. 

For the focal point I used Toxic Treats stamp set. Witch was embossed with black then the colors got added with sponges: More Mustard, Tangerine Tango, and Early Espresso ink. 

Broom was made with a piece of Sixlets candy. Bottom of the broom has s strip of Crumb Cake cardstock that was fringed with paper snips. Mixed Melody stamp set used with the little frog in the center. 

Okay so remember I didn't want to go to Pat Catan's and get supplies? Well that didn't happen. I needed a styrofoam ball to make the graveyard. I took a 2 1/2 inch ball and cut it in half. Next step was to paint it green. The grass was made the same as the broom using Garden Green cardstock. Tombstones were heat embossed punched out, glued to suckers and pushed into the foam ball.

 





Here is a side view of the hat. You can see that I did gather and glue the scallop Early Espresso tulle all the way around the brim. Really super easy to attach using low temp glue gun. 

Sarah is coming over on Sunday for breakfast then shopping later. I'm going to give her the hat to use at her home. 


Hope you enjoyed my little part in this fun Blog Hop. Next up the ever talented Charlotte. See here blog here


Stamping trails

Karen

8 comments:

Denise Foor Studio PA said...

Adorable! how cute is that????

Dawn said...

Karen, What an awesome project--I love all the details and great touches you added! Wow! Dawn

Unknown said...

This is awesome!! I love it and will be featuring it on My Crafty Picks #81 on 10-21-12 with a link back to your blog. Make sure to stop by to check out all the other picks too!!

If you wish to decline please contact me to let me know.

Thanks and take care
Tiffany Bauer
http://www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Wow, fabulous witche's hat. You decorated it so wonderfully! I love all the details.

creations by jackie said...

How cute! I just love it.

Brenda said...

Cute, cute project. Made me smile.

Janice said...

WOW what a cute hat.

Robin Messenheimer / Robin's Craft Room said...

Really, really cute! Love the green (seems to go with Witch skin so nicely!)