Tuesday, February 5, 2013

3x3 Frame Art


So me and John stopped by the Goodwill and I found this really cute and vintage looking 3x3 frame that still had the plastic around it. I knew right away it would be perfect for a small Valentine theme frame art. No stamping at all in this little project. I used More Amore Specialty designer paper for the base and layered a matching laser heart over that. The Love ticket, and vintage trim is from the Artisan embellishment kit. 
Sponged a flower trim rose with Real Red ink, and then added some pearls. Really quick and easy project, and the great thing about it was the frame was only .50 cents.

 

Okay let me tell you a little story about the value of cleaning up your stamping desk when you are finished with it. While working on the Valentine cards I showed you on Monday I noticed I was missing a heart stamp from the set. I looked everywhere for it. I checked other stamp sets as I thought maybe I put it in the wrong case (which by the way I do quite often), nope wasn't in any of them. I moved things around on the desktop thinking it was laying under something, nope it wasn't. Then I took everything out of my trash can one piece at a time thinking that maybe it got swept away into the can, nope not there. Checked the floor to, but no stamp to be found. I had all but given up hope, but you know what they say about when you stop looking for something that is when it will turn up. Sure enough when I got out the stamp case that I have all my Love and Valentine greetings in I felt something strange on the bottom of the box. Turned it over and there was the missing heart stamp. It had clung to the bottom.
Mystery solved. Now do you think for one minute that I'm going to learn by this little ordeal and clean the desk as I go? I'll try but I'm sure I'll slip into my old messy ways, and I wouldn't want to be any other way. I'm going to chalk it up to me just being creative. 

Stamping trails
Karen 


No comments: