Friday, February 22, 2013

Easter Gift in Progress



Okay I feel like I'm in the fairy tale Goldilocks and the three bears. Let me explain why.
I wanted to make some little gifts using the peat pots I had bought. I had the idea to use one egg that would fit perfectly in the pot. One that I could fill with some flower seed packets. Well this one is not quite large enough. I had to fill the bottom of the peat pot with paper shreds to lift the egg up high enough to be seen. 
 



This one as I'm sure you can see is way to big. While it is large enough to hold the seed packets it over shadows the container. Also not the right shade of yellow as the smaller egg. 
Now I know out there somewhere there is an egg that is just like the little baby Bear's porridge....just right! 
I'll keep looking. 
 
Color pallet: Vanilla, Perfect Plum, More Mustard, Pear Pizzazz.
Accessories:  Basic Gray two toned ribbon, flower trim, Secret Garden stamp set, and Secret Garden Framelits, Labels Collection Framelits, pearls, peat pot, cream crochet thread, 1 1/4 scallop circle punch, large cello bag, mini glue dots, red line tape. 
 
 
 
We are under a storm warning today from 6am to 2pm. Going to have sleet, snow, and ice. Glad I don't have to drive anywhere. By the afternoon its suppose to clear up and just turn into rain as a warm front comes in. 

Stamping trails
Karen









No comments: