Friday, January 31, 2014

Papaya Collage Birthday


Happy last day of January! 

I can't believe how quickly the month went by. Not that I'm complaining mind you. 

It was a very cold month. The schools only have 5 calamity days and they have used 6 days this month. 

I'm sure they are going to have to make up the extra day, and if they have to take off more of them this winter they will have to make those up as well. 

What is surprising that the days taken were only due to extreme cold and not due to snow. 

I'm hoping February will be warmer!!!! But they are calling now for a snow front that is coming through this weekend. Ah the joys of winter. 

Today's card was made with a scrap that I had stamped Post Card background stamp with Smokey Slate on Smokey Slate cardstock. I didn't use it because I wasn't too careful when inking the stamp and got some ink in the center of the rubber where it wasn't suppose to go. Since I'm pretty good at conserving cardstock I threw the piece into my scrap bin. 

Other stamps used Papaya Collage, and Itty Bitty Banners. 

Color Palette: Midnight Muse, Crushed Curry, Smokey Slate, and Vanilla. 


I put a layer of vanilla on the inside card and stamped the leaf sprig with Smokey Slate. 

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: