Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Scraps and Flowers


I needed to make some "non" greeting cards. 

Words can be added later to fit the occasion that I need. 

I also used some scraps on this card. 

Color Palette: white, Soft Suede, Rose Red, Temping Turquoise, Old Olive. 

The Suede layer was embossed with a Tim Holtz folder I believe. Been in my scrap bin so long that I have 
forgot! 

The stamp set used is Flower Shop with the matching punch (thanks Kat! It was a Christmas gift from her)

The leaves had also been in the scrap bin just waiting to be used. 

Flower in the center was the only one mounted with pop dots. I wanted the leaves to wrap 

around the flowers. 

Skip has another day off due to the Polar Blast. Temps - 9 last night. 
 
My car wouldn't even start yesterday. Skip had to venture out to pick up some cold meds. Yep he's got 
 
a cold. First one he has had in years. I told him to please keep his wee germs away from me! 
 
I haven't been doing to much...just trying to keep warm. I did make a yellow cake yesterday afternoon with a box mix. The directions said to add 1/2 vegetable oil, but I used olive oil instead. Tasted pretty 
darn good. Of course I used chocolate icing so it had to be good! 
 
I've also been reading a book. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. I've read the book at least 5 times since it came out years ago. Its been just like curling up with an old friend. 

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: