Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Butterfly and Roses Box


Happy Wednesday! 

I've been playing around with the new spiral flower die that is in the Occasions mini catalog. 

I had this metal covered paper mache box that I decided to decorate. The white lace butterfly was sponged around the edges using Crumb Cake ink. 

For the roses I cut some in cream and white. These were layered together before rolling up into the roses. I also sponged these with Crumb Cake. I though it made it look more vintage to sponge the roses. 

I added some strings of pearls and the leaves are from Joyful Christmas. Of course I had to add more butterflies. Bliss greeting is from the Best of Sale-A-Bration stamp set. 


Here is how the box looks sitting on its side. The round embellishment in the center is the last of 
the artisan kit. I felt the middle of that large lace butterfly was missing something so I'm glad I was able to find something that worked. 

I was thinking this would make a great wedding gift, but since I don't have any weddings coming up I think I'll hang onto it. It looks good sitting on my desk so I'll just enjoy it for a bit before I pack it away. 

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: