Saturday, January 18, 2014

Artisan Embellishment Kit put to Use!


So I was cleaning up my desk the other day and found a bunch of embellishments from last
years Artisans kit. I'm thinking to myself why oh why do I buy this stuff if I just plan to hoard it and never use it? Good question right? So I decided I'm going to make Valentines cards and use this great stuff! 


Here is card one. 
Base card Crumb Cake
Hearts were punched with Cherry Cobbler, and Pool Party. Both hearts 
were embossed using different embossing folders. Greeting from Follow My Heart inked with white
pigment ink. 


Card two base card vanilla, layer is also vanilla embossed with a folder then inked with Crumb Cake. 
Love tickets were also from the artisan kit. I added a paper doily that was also inked with Crumb Cake.


Card three. Base card vanilla with vanilla layer that was also embossed. 
Heart topped die cut was embossed before grouping the flowers on it. I first wrapped the flowers with lace ribbon then tied a bow around the top. Since it was a little heavy for glue dots I used the hot glue tool to adhere it in place. 


Card 4. Base card is white. Layer Blushing Bride that was embossed with Arrows folder.
Die cut heart was rolled with large Shop Around wheel using Real Red ink.

I added some small red hearts to the top of the die. I used some rhinestones in the center of them.
I thought since the woman in the image was saying ooh la la! the tower from Follow My Heart set would be perfectly paired with the Shop Around wheel. Narrow layer is Chocolate Chip. I added a little banner to the top corner that is also from the Follow My Heart set. 

So I hope you enjoyed seeing my Valentine cards today. 

I still have just a few pieces left from the artisan embellishment kit that I plan to finish using up today. 

So my new...New Year's Resolution.....stop the HOARDING OF EMBELLISHMENTS!!!!!

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: