Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Peekaboo Die Two Sided Luminary



I spent part of the day playing with my new toys. Since I can feel Fall in the air it was time to start thinking about Halloween. I used the Peekaboo Big Shot die that is in the Holiday mini for the two sided luminary. I cut the square frame using Frightful Sight designer paper. The "peekaboo" part of the frame was turned down on both pieces to form the support for the battery operated candle. Safety note...not to be used with open flame candle.
Jack of all Trades stamp set was used for the pumpkin face, and stamped on vellum. I did have to cut a piece of cardstock to use under the frames to give the luminary more support.


Here you can see the side view. Should give you an idea of how this was made. Pretty simple to do. I just love that hat from Jack of all Trades! I'll be making more stuff using this fun set.

Can you believe that today is the last day of August? Where did the summer go?

Stamping Trails
Karen

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen - this is cute as a bug. As someone who actually has it already, can you tell me the actual size of the Peek-a-boo frame?

Krafting Karen said...

the scallop square is about 2 1/4 x 2 1/4, double frame rectangle is 3 1/8 x 1 7/8, circle is a little under 1 3/4 across, small square just a little under 1 1/2, large decorative frame 2 3/4 x 2 1/2. These are outside measurements. The inside peekaboo parts will be a bit smaller. Hope that helps. Glad you liked the project, and thanks for your comment!

Anonymous said...

Thanks... I was actually wondering the size of the whole die itself.

Krafting Karen said...

the entire die is 8 1/2 x 6...same size as the milk carton die.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous. THANKS!