Monday, August 15, 2011

Punched Witch Feet



Since it rained all day yesterday and cooler, it got me thinking about Fall. So that brought me to thoughts of Halloween. Hence this card.

I used Modern Label punch for the Witchy legs, and the bird from Bird Builder punch for the shoes. I just cut the beak off the bird. I really like the way the tail of the bird flares up for the witch's shoes. Other punches used, small tag punch, and Lacy Ribbon punch. For the ribbon punch I cut it in half after punching and used it to decorate the top and bottom of the River Rock layer. Other cardstock used: Pear Pizzazz, Tangerine Tango, Basic Black, and So Saffron. Used markers to add color to the mini clothespins. The shoes needed some "bling" so I added small rhinestones.


Yesterday morning I saw a Woolley Bear on my screen door (yes it is crawling on my arm). What's a woolley bear? Its a caterpillar that starts to come out this time of year. This one is just a baby. Later his hair will turn a dark brown. Here in Ohio we use these little guys to predict if we will have a cold winter or not. A very "furry" bear means it will be really cold. They are so popular here we even have a Woolley Bear festival. I may have to go this year as I've never been to one.

Stamping Trails
Karen

1 comment:

vickiw said...

Hey I found your blog from the bloghop.Cute cards and I had just been noticing the wolly catapillars myself here in Nebr. We also predict the winter weather from them. I fear its going to be ccccccooooolllldddd here.