Sunday, August 28, 2011

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad



Today would have been mom and dad's 58th wedding anniversary. I made this little memory book and put it in a glass jar.


I used a Sizzix die to cut the album cover from chipboard, and the pages from cardstock and vellum. The hearts are also from a Sizzix die



I found a love letter that my father had wrote my mom back when she was still in Virginia with my older sister Charlotte (she was a baby). Dad had come to Cleveland to find work as there wasn't any jobs in Virginia. He found a good job working at Republic Steel.
I made copies of the letter and used them as background paper for the album pages. Even made a copy of the envelope to use in the book. What a wonderful way to date this point in time by using the cancellation mark.


I'm so happy how the keepsake turned out. What a great treasure to find that letter.

Stamping Trails
Karen

1 comment:

Marianne said...

wow, this is really cool. what a great way to honour your parents!