Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Snowflake Die Card, Step it Up


I have an Open House coming up soon, so I was thinking up some easy Christmas cards to make, but I also wanted to show how simple it is to step the cards up a notch.

The first card is very easy. Medallion background stamp inked with Night of Navy and stamped on Marina Mist. Layered on Whisper White. Snow flake cut from Snowflake die #2 using Whisper White. Word stamp "Merry" is from Pennant Parade stamp set.


For the second card. I started with a piece of window sheet. On that I added a few random drops of Marina Mist, Not Quite Navy, and Bashful Blue reinker. I also add a little bit of Frost White shimmer paint. Using a wadded up plastic lunch bag I pounced around on the window sheet to mix it a bit. Next I put a piece of Glossy White cardstock glossy side down on the window sheet and just pressed. Peeled it off and let dry. After cardstock was dry cut with the Snowflake die.

This time Medallion background was stamped on Night of Navy, layered on Whisper White then layered on base card Marina Mist. I added a filigree to the center of the flake to attach it. Also used the word window punch to add the word "Merry".
To make the Night of Navy layer pop I sponged around the edge with Whisper White ink.

Great thing about using the reinkers on the window sheet after pulling off the glossy cardstock you can put down another sheet and get another imprint. I actually got 4 sheets of glossy done with one window sheet. The color will fade a bit with each piece of glossy, but you'll have some great background paper to use. Would be great to use the finished glossy with punches as well.

Stamping Trails
Karen

No comments: