Sunday, July 29, 2012

One Sheet Wonder Christmas

I haven't made One Sheet Wonder cards since I can't even remember when. I just got in the mood to make some cards and selected Delicate Doilies stamp set with these colors: Cherry Cobbler, Wild Wasabi, Basic Gray, and Vanilla. Not really traditional colors with the the Basic Gray, and you may not think of Delicate Doilies to use for Christmas cards, but I think I pulled everything together to make these 10 cards.
I used some ribbon, crochet thread, lots of pop dots, large Hello Doily background, Many Merry Messages, Tiny Tags, and verious embossing folders, and Delicate Doilies Sizzix die.
I also made two thank you cards. Have to have these to send out after the presents are received.
I think my favorite one is the Hello Doily background stamp inked with Basic Gray and stamped on the matching cardstock. Really striking.
I started with 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of cardstock. This was randomly stamped with Delicate Doilies set. Next I cut the sheet into four quarters. I took one quarter and cut in in half lengthwise. Second quarter I cut in half diagonally. Third quarter cut lengthwise at 1", and 1.25 inch. The remaining part was cut into 3 pieces 1 1/2 x 2. There will be a small scrap left on this quarter. I used it to make another card. Fourth quarter cut width wise at 4 1/4 x 1 1/2. Remaining piece cut at 4" by 2", and two pieces at 2" x 2". Hope you enjoyed what I did with my One Sheet Wonder cards. Think I'll make a nice little holder to keep them all in. Would make a great Christmas gift! Stamping trails Karen

No comments: