Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Tales from the Bike







I have been meaning to post a picture and directions to make these wonderful light tasting cupcakes, but so many other things to post that I forgot about them. 

I made these for John's birthday last week. A big hit with everyone. 

Start with a box of angel food cake mix. To that add one 20oz can of crushed pineapple. Add the juice from the can also. Mix it up then either make them into cupcakes or pour batter into a 13x9x2 pan. Bake according to directions on the cake box. 

These are good as is, but you can also add frosting. I use one tub of Cool Whip free and 1 small package of vanilla sugar free fat free instant Jello pudding. Mix the two together and spread on the cooled cake. I also added a few mandarin orange slices on top. Perfect little dessert for summer! For my Weight Watcher trackers each cupcake is 3 points including the frosting. If you are making the cake cut into 16 pieces for the same point value.

I took my bike ride yesterday morning and it was pretty interesting. First a bunny ran out in front of the bike, then I had a run in with some angry geese that thought they owned the road, and to top it off football practice started up again at the high school. So when I was riding around the back of the school about 30 some odd boys come jogging out of the building coming straight for me. Figured I needed to speed up to get around them. I was just peddling my little heart out and they are cheering me on to pedal faster. So now I'm racing on my bike with teenage boys running beside me. I think they let me get ahead of them just to get rid of the old crazy lady on the bike. LOL 



Me and Skip went to see Ted last night. He liked it I didn't. Funny that I didn't like the movie as I'm a big Family Guy fan, but the voice of Peter Griffin coming out of stuffed bear I just found disturbing.

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: