Friday, July 20, 2012

5 Little Ducks

Five little ducks Went out one day Over the hill and far away Mother duck said "Quack, quack, quack, quack." But only four little ducks came back.

I use to sing this silly song to my kids, and I couldn't help but think of this when I was at the lake yesterday. While me and John were walking around the lake we saw this momma duck heading for the bridge. As she passed under I took these pictures. One little duck was always lagging behind. Momma would pause just for a second to allow him to catch up. So cute!
Here she is with 4 ducks...little one still trying to catch up.
Of course the ducks lead me to this card. Stamp set Easy Events. Colors: Daffodil Delight, Baja Breese, Soft Suede, and cream. Embossing folder used on Daffodil layer is by Tim Holtz.


We got rain yesterday morning. So thankful to have it as everything was so dry. It was the first day since I've been back from the trip that I didn't have to water the garden. YAY!

Stamping trails
Karen 

2 comments:

Kay Jantz said...

Brings back more memories of my youth in northern Minnesota. It always made me sad as the little ones would disappear as they would fall victim to the turtles. Poor mama duck.

Cute card

Krafting Karen said...

Really? I didn't turtles would eat baby ducks. That is terrible.