Thursday, July 19, 2012

Helicopter Ride

So this is how much I love my husband. While we were in Vegas he sprung on me his desire to take the helicopter tour to the Grand Canyon. Now I don't like to fly, and never had been in a copter before. After thinking about it all day I finally agreed since I knew it was something he really wanted to do. Now this involved us getting up at 5 am to meet the bus to the airport. Once there I had to get weighed. Really? I'm scared, tired, hungry, and now you are telling me I have to get on a scale....in front of people? Once in the air I didn't do to bad. My tummy felt a little flip floppy at times, but I managed to keep myself together (didn't need the air bag that the pilot from time to time offered us) Top two pics are Hoover Damn. Next pic of Grand Canyon. We had to stop and refuel so while landing I snapped the pic of the helicopter's shadow against the side of the mountain. Me and Skip on the ground. There were three other people taking the tour with us. Copter carried six of us including the pilot. I managed to get a pic of a roadrunner. Now I wonder where the coyote was? Skip in the copter.

The pilot told us that the copter was about a mile high, and we were flying at 120 miles per hour. Tour lasted about 90 minutes. I was looking at the landscape and let me tell you it did not feel like we were traveling at 90 mph. Most of the time for me it felt like it was going around 30mph. We had headphones that allowed us to speak to each other and to hear the pilot. Looking back on it I'm glad I decided to go.

Stamping trails
Karen

PS........Congrats Kat for beating Joe's time at Cross Fit. You go girl! 

5 comments:

Kay Jantz said...

Way to go Karen to overcome that reluctance. Proud of you!

Joe said...

She cheated!!!!!!!

Kay Jantz said...

Way to go Karen to overcome that reluctance. Proud of you!

Krafting Karen said...

Thanks Katie....and Joe.... oh no she didn't.

Private Jet said...

so how was tour first helicopter ride Karen? did you enjoy it? next time you and your husband should come to England. We have a lot of beautiful sceneries too.