Tuesday, March 22, 2016

March Paper Pumpkin, and Leftovers


Another alternate design using this month's paper pumpkin kit. 

I used the end flaps from the gift holder and placed them on both ends of the base card. 

Center panel was part of the kit that I stamped on, and layered on a black panel. 


The kit does have some cardstock bases that look like they have been

lightly splattered with Bermuda Bay ink. I decided cut the bases and use them 

for layers. This one was placed on the inside card and stamped across the bottom with

one of the flower that came in the kit. 



Came across a swap that I was in last year. I had a sheet of grapes that

were stamped on glossy cardstock then highlighted with a white crayon. 

Next step was to sponge on ink then wipe off the excess. Technique is called crayon resist. 

Wanted to use the sheet up so I came up with this card. Layered on black with a strip of lacy

trim. I threaded a white safety pin with white pearls and hung from the trim. 


And the last card I made yesterday.
 
 The green bakers twine is from one of the paper pumpkin

kits. I think it was from February's, anyway I made some loops with it on the white base

card then popped up the grape cluster over it.

Getting really good at using up some of the stuff I have in the stamping studio. 

What was that old saying?...

Use it up, wear it out

make it last, or do without.

I really need to start following this saying more. 

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: