Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Cracked Up Chick


I couldn't resist making a chick cracking out of an egg. 

I used the 2 1/2 circle punch to make the egg. After it was punched 

I cut off one end to make it flat, then cut a zig-zag across it to make it look

like a cracked egg. 


The edges of the egg were sponged with Soft Suede and stamped

with Gorgeous Grunge. 
 
The candy legs were attached with glue dots to the back of the egg. I 
 
used a small circle punch so I could put the top of each bag through the hole. Then 
 
I added a few lines around the leg holes with a black marker. 

I needed to match some of the colors that were in the candy bag legs, so

I used Daffodil Delight for the chick, and Pool Party to make the sign. 

The top of the cracked egg looked perfect on the chick's head. 

Guess I was just being silly yesterday. I think I'm giddy from the warm

weather and sunshine! Ready for Spring!

Stamping trails
Karen

7 comments:

Cherie said...

Karen, This is just too darn cute! I'm loving it! What kind of candy did you find to put in the legs? TFS!

Krafting Karen said...

Thanks Cherie. Glad you liked it. I used sixlets. You can find the sping
color ones at the dollar store. I also cut two of the egg shapes and glued one
to the back as I though the back looked messy. Have fun making them.

Cherie said...

Karen, Thanks so much for responding! Hope you don't mind if I case your precious idea! Tks again!

lifesabeach32940 said...

Karen ~

Your chick is SUPER CUTE!! Thanks also for the additional information in the comments. Great inspiration!! Gonna give this project a try!! :)

Cherie said...

Karen, I'm wondering if the long skinny SU bags are ok for the legs? My chick will probably end up having 4 legs as I'm seeing double for some weird reason!

Krafting Karen said...

Sure Cherie....I don't see any reason the thin cello bags from SU wouldn't work. I would have used them, but I'm out. Have fun making them. I'm going to make a few more myself. I think I want to use Pool Party to sponge around the egg, and to make the dots as it will match the colors of the candy better.

Cherie said...

Awesome idea! Thanks for your