Friday, March 11, 2016

Pretty Framlit Cases


Look how pretty the framlits look on designer paper. I took them out

of the plastic sleeves so you could see the pretty paper.



If you have purchased any of the Sixxiz framlits you know how

they are super stuck to a plain white piece of cardboard. 

Since I've been cleaning up the stamping studio and making it pretty I 

decided to cover up the ugly white cardboard with designer paper. 

Let me tell and show you how I did it. 

First you have to remove the framlits from the sticky tape. 

Check them and make sure there is no sticky residue on any of the framlits. If 

there is remove. I used a baby wipe to clean them. If you miss this step the framelit will 

stick to the designer paper and rip it.


Next you will have to have a roll or two of adhesive backed thin magnet sheets. 

This one roll will cover 10 framelits with no leftovers. 

Cut the magnet roll to the same size as the cardboard piece that came in the framlit pack. 

You will also need to cut a piece of designer paper to the same size. 
 
 
Now don't use good scissors to cut the magnet sheets. Keep those fabric, and ribbon scissors

(yes I have a pair of scissors that I only use to cut ribbon....doesn't everyone?)

Safely away from this project. 


Remove the paper backing from the magnet piece and press it down on the

yucky tape side of the cardboard insert. Doing it this way will leave the back of the cardboard insert 
 
clean. 

Next step is to adhere the pretty designer paper to the magnet. Use whatever adhesive you'd like. 

I used double stick tape but you could also use a Xyron machine, or fast fuse. 
 
 
 
I tried to use designer paper that matched the framlits. Example I used 
 
Christmas paper with the holiday sets.
 
 
 Here is a close up of the Chalk Talk one. I stood it up so you can see how

well the framlits stick to the magnet. 

I'll be making another Pat Catan run to pick up some more magnet rolls.
 
 
Stamping trails 
Karen







4 comments:

Cherie said...

What an awesome idea! Love it! You are so clever! When are you coming over to help me organize my craft room? :)

Cherie said...

Karen, Where did you purchase the magnetic sheets from? Thanks!

Krafting Karen said...

I bought mine at Pat Catan's, but I'm sure Michaels sells it made by Darice. I also found a link for you at Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Darice-10757-04-Adhesive-Magnet-24-Inch/dp/B00DTW6C6W/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1457833141&sr=8-10&keywords=magnetic+roll

Cherie said...

Thanks so much!