Sunday, March 26, 2017

Hey Chick Altered Egg Carton


Back with another "hey chick". This

time I used it to decorate an egg carton. 

The carton I got in the dollar bin at Target. 

Birds are colored with Prisma color pencils. 

The fence is a Spellbinder thinlit. 

The birds and fence are mounted on  designer paper. 


Side view of the carton. I used Gorgeous Grunge stamp with

Soft Suede ink to stamp the outside. Since I the acrylic block was to

large to use in tight spaces on the sides and inside box I just inked 

the stamp up and kept it in my hand to stamp. That way I could

get in the corners and sides. (please don't look at the messy desk...mad stamper at work!)


Close up view. Love this chick! 


Here is an inside view. 

The kraft colored doilies I got at JoAnn's. I added 

a smaller white doily then scrunched them up to fit in the egg cup. 

I decided not to glue them together or to the bottom of the egg carton. 

This way if the person wants to remove them they can. 


You're a good egg was stamped on the same designer paper

I used on the outside. Little chick hatching was cut then popped 

on the panel. 


I plan to fill the cups with candy. 

Very happy with how this one came out. Sad

because I only picked up one egg carton. I may

have to make a trek back to Target and see if they 

still have them. 

Busy day today! Going to go to brunch with Sarah, and Kat. 

Then we are off to see the Christmas Story house. Should be fun! 

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: