Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Lasagna Soup YUM


Well what to do when its cold and you are in the middle of 

a snow storm? You make a pot of lasagna soup! 

This was soooo good! 

Here is the recipe just in case you would like to make some. 

1 small yellow onion chopped
1lb lean turkey sausage, or you can use 1 pound lean ground turkey
4 cloves garlic minced
1 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes, I used the kind that has basil and oregano in it
1 tablespoon oregano 
5 cups low sodium chicken broth
8 oz lasagna noodles broken into 2 inch pieces 
2 cups low fat mozzarella cheese

place chopped onion in pan and saute till tender. I don't use oil to do 

this just cooking spray. Add the turkey sausage and cook till no longer pink. 

Add minced garlic and cook another minute. Drain
 
In dutch oven add the sausage, broth, crushed tomatoes, and oregano.
 
Stir well and bring up to a simmer. Add noodles. Cook according to package 
 
directions. I cooked mine for 14 minutes. Add the cheese and mix in till melted. 
 
After making this I thought 2 cups of cheese was a little much so the next 
 
time I make it (and there will be a next time as it was that good) I'm 
 
only going to use one cup of cheese and just use a little on the top for garnish. 
 
You can also use Parmesan, and fresh torn basil for garnish. 
 
serving size 1 cup, calories 189, fiber 3, protein 21
 
this recipe was taken from Recipe Diaries. I found it on Pinterest.   
 
Beware the Ides of March! Ides were ancient markers. Ides referred to the
 
the first full moon of every month. Normally which fell between the 13th and 15th. 
 
"Beware the Ides of March" was written by William Shakespeare for

his play Julius Caesar. And of course we know what happened to Caesar. 

So why am I bringing this up. No reason really except that I happened to 

notice the date that this will be posted on and I always remember the Ides of 

March from my English class in high school.

Stamping trails
Karen
 
 

No comments: