Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Dragonfly with Double Modeling Film Wings


Since there are nine panels on the one sheet of 12x12 paper from stamperia

I'm still using them to make cards. 

And because I have a new found love of modeling film I'm still

working with that medium as well. 

This has to be my favorite card of the ones I've been recently making. 

I wanted the wings to be be the focal point of this card so I cut

two of them. 


The bottom set of wings I outlined with a black sharpie marker. 

The top set of wings really needed sparkle! 

To achieve that look I first inked them randomly with Versamark ink. 

Next I sprinkled on some iridescent ice embossing powder, and heat set. 

Now since I was using modeling film, and heat embossing I was 

doing to things at once. While using the heat tool to emboss I was 

also bending the wings the way I wanted them to be in the finished product. 


Both sets of wings were stapled in the middle then stapled

again over the dragonfly. In this photo you can see the layered wings. So

happy with look! As a finishing touch I added the black, and white pearls. 


To get even more "pop" on the card I used a craft knife, and 

cut out the words at the bottom of the panel. The piece was then layered

on green cardstock. I used pop dots to place the words back on the panel.

Stop back tomorrow as I'll have another great modeling film card to share. 

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: