Thursday, June 14, 2018

Modeling Film Unicorn


Today's card is the last (for now) one made

using modeling film. Can't tell you how much I have enjoyed

using this medium! Going to have to order some more of it.

So what do you think of this unicorn? 

Love, love, love how he turned out. 


Let's take a closer look at that horn!

I cut two narrow pieces of the modeling film and tapered it. Having

the strips larger at the bottom and tapered at the top. 

Next step was to heat both of the strips, and twist the two pieces together. 

I had to twist, then heat, twist, and heat till I got the piece completed. 

I then took a gold sharpie marker and added gold to the twisted horn. Hope

you can see this in the photo. Of course when I showed it to hubby he

said the horn was too long, and it looked more like a sword, but I like how it

turned out. 


The background piece was done using texture paste and a stencil. 

I added ink, brass spray, and pearl spray to the background after

the texture paste was dry. 

The flowers around his neck were made with a very small punch. 

I'll be back tomorrow with a little change of pace as I had to make some

baby cards. 

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: