Thursday, July 5, 2018

Christmas in July Rosettes


Back again with another Christmas in July project. 

This decor was based on a Christmas paper pack that I 

picked up at Michael's last year. No stamping, or fussy cutting. 

I used different dies, punches, and the score tool to make the rosettes. 

After they were finished I added some trims. 


The largest one I used Tim Hotz circle dies to cut

out the greeting and layer. The rosette is two strips of patterned paper

After scoring the strip at 1/4 inch all the way across the width each piece

was glued end to end. 


For this one I scored the strips at 1/2. 

The spool stands were sponged with walnut ink to make them

look more vintage. The rosettes have paper straws attached to the back them

the other end is glued into the spool. 


And the smallest one uses the same paper that I used to go around

the center of each spool. 

Had a fun 4th of July. We made surf and turf on the grill with large salad

to go with it. Hit the mall to do some walking as it was pretty hot and muggy.

Channel IFC was playing Christmas Vacation which is my all time favorite Holiday

program so I had to watch that! 

Later we stopped at Honey Hut to get ice cream before going to Strongsville to

see the fireworks. 

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: