Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Christmas in July Cards


I couldn't do Christmas in July week without some

greeting cards. This background looks like the Bokeh photo

technique, but it is really patterned paper. 

I picked it up at AC Moore when me and hubby were in TN. 

While I think the stamping technique is cool. I find it is a lot of

work, so I'm happy to mimic it with patterned paper. 

The trees are part of a stamp stamp by Tim Holtz called Reindeer Flight. 


The stamp use to be four pine trees together. I decided the

stamp would be more functional for me if I cut off the smallest tree. 

Normally I would never alter stamps, but as I've gotten older (and more wiser)

this is no longer a no no. 

If you can alter the stamps to fit your needs why not? 


Here is an inside view of the card. I brought the colors from 

the front to the inside. 


For this card I first sponged on some color Ranger ink Peeled Paint

using a blender tool. Stamped the trees with the same ink, making some lighter
 
ones with second and third generation stamping. 


Inside view. The trees on the side is actually the scrap piece

of cardstock I was using to stamp off the ink to make it lighter on the card front. 

Didn't want to throw the piece out, and thought it would carry over the theme to the

inside. 

I'll be back tomorrow with more projects. 

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: