Thursday, November 8, 2007

Cropidile Button Punch Tutorial

I had requests to see how I do this. I know some have broken buttons trying to get it to work. One reader told me she even broke her Cropidile. YIKES!!! So sorry for any problems you have had with this. I took some pictures and I'm hoping this will help. It is a fun way to use buttons on your artwork.

View 1



I've drawn a line with a white gel pen on the button so you can see where the smallest punch on the Cropidile will go. I'm using an 1/2 inch button.

View 2


This one shows the smallest hole punch on the Cropidile. This is the one you need to be using.

View 3

This view shows the punch lined up in between the two holes of the button. You will be punching out the center of the button that is in between the two holes. You can see the prongs of the punch are just a little bit in each hole of the button

View 4


This view shows the Cropidile all the way punched through the button. Not an easy shot to take since I was punching with one hand and taking a picture with the other hand! LOL

View 5

Okay last view shows what the button looks like after punching. As you can see in the photo only the center has been punched out. You can see the little piece next to the button. The button didn't shatter.

It may be the type of button. I've only tried this with buttons made by Stampin'Up!. It may not work with some of the harden tortoise shell buttons.

Okay I've done some playing around with other buttons. I've got it to work on wood buttons, and plastic buttons. It will not work on the hard tortoise shell buttons.
My advise: try the button out. If you can't get the Cropidle to easily go through the button don't force it. You should be able to tell if it will go through.

Hope this helps

3 comments:

Alyce said...

Thanks so much for taking the time to show us how you did this. Can't wait to try it.

Anonymous said...

I bet that once you had the button punched out you could put a fire/ice brad in there...wouldn't that be different...going to have to give that a try.

Unknown said...

Sue another friend of mine said the same thing! I'll have to give it a try.