Sunday, November 23, 2008

Furniture Shopping


Did you ever have one of those days when had your day planned then something came up? Well that was me yesterday. I had planned to huddle in all day as it was snowing, and just doing some stamping. Hubby sprung it on me yesterday that he wanted to replace the living room furniture. Which is not a bad thing...I just didn't plan on doing that yesterday. We drove to several stores, and did finally agree on something we both could live with. Skip will go back out today and pick it up.
Now the house is going to be topsy turvy for a bit. As the old couch in the family room was taken out last night. The old furniture in the upstairs living room is being brought down stairs to family room (we have a split level house), then the new stuff has to come in.....and on top of that....remember my four day weekend that coming up? The same 4 day weekend I was planning to get lots of stamping time in? Well that's going to be cut short. We are going to spend the weekend painting the living room. Again not that it's a bad thing. It needs to be done. The tree will be going up late this year. Traditional it goes up the day after Thanksgiving. Not this year. Don't think I'll be able to get it up till the following weekend.
Okay I've rambled on enough about the living room! LOL
The card is made from SU Star of Wonder stamp set. Another oldie. This card represents the last card I needed to finish for the challenge card swap I'm in. YAY!!!!! You can't tell it in the pic put the side of the card that appears to be blank was embossed using a musical Cuttlebug embossing folder. This wasn't what I had planned for the card, but I'm happy with it.
Okay I need to get dressed and go visit mom. Really going to be busy today. Skip sold a cord of wood. (from a tree he cut down in our backyard over the summer), and has to deliver it by 1 today. Son John has to go to work at 5 so we need to also get the furniture moved around. I saw when I came downstairs that they did get the couch out of the family room last night.
Big Birthday Hugs to my little girl Sarah! Well not so little anymore. My first born is 26 today. She's at home happily sleeping in. Don't know where all the years went but it seems like they just flew by.
Stamping Trails!
Karen 221

No comments: