Sunday, November 30, 2008

Jumbo Snowman Box



I have been eyeing this snowman from Stampendous for some time now. While me and hubby were out at Lowe's I stopped in at Archivers, and there he was just calling my name! This stamp set is so versatile. You can contort the snowman and make him into different shapes. Way cool!!!! Now for the window box I got the idea from Kitty's Craftblog
She used frosted sheets for the cutout on the box, but since I didn't have any, and I also think that they would not have worked with the snowman I used a piece of acetate instead.
Colors used: Pacific Point, Lavendar Lace, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Whisper White. Ink Jet Black StazOn.







The snowflakes at the bottom I also bought yesterday at Archivers. The felt flakes were in a generous size package which included white, purple and blue.
Finished box size is about 4 x 5

We are still working on the living room. Lots to do. Hubby decided he does want the wood floor. I swear he has changed his time more in the last few days than I thought he ever could. So we have most of the stuff out of the living room. Of course all the stuff is all over the rest of the house. LOL The only room that was spared is my stamp room. That is only because it's not big enough to hold anything else. Too much stamping stuff in there!!!!




We finished off the last of the "bird" yesterday. I made a big pot of homemade turkey soup. Was it ever good!!!!! My mom in law Kate gave me the recipe years ago not to long after I married Skip. She even taught me how to make it. (Yes I couldn't cook when I got married.....mom never taught me) Anyway.....here is my recipe.


Turkey Soup

Bones and Skin from the bird
3 chicken bullion cubes (I used the sodium free ones)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 bay leaf
1/4 tsp poultry seasoning
1 cup diced carrots
1 cup diced celery
1 medium chopped onion
3 tablespoons barley or rice (sometimes I use noodles instead)
1 tablespoon parsley flakes
Turkey cut in pieces
Cubed potatoes if desired
Boil and simmer bones skin, salt, bay leaf, and poultry seasoning 1 1/2 hours
Strain the both into another pan
Add remaining ingredients to broth
Cover and simmer 1/2 hour or until veggies are soft. Season to taste with salt and pepper

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is such a cute snowman!

Swedie