Monday, April 9, 2012

Birds Nests


Very late posting today. I spent the day cleaning the kitchen and putting things back in order after Easter dinner. Then I had to go and pick up a few groceries.

One of the fun things I made for Easter are these birds nests. Easy and just a bit messy to make, but everyone loved them.

Birds Nests

10 shredded wheat biscuits (cereal the large ones)
1 1/2 cup peanut butter. (the recipe called for chunky PB but I don't like that kind. I also used reduced fat PB)
12 oz bag of semi-sweet chocolate morsels
jelly beans.

Melt the chocolate in a double boiler, add the peanut butter remove from heat. Crush the wheat biscuits and stir into the chocolate/peanut butter mixture until covered. Spread some wax paper on the work surface and form the mixture into nests. I used two spoons to help shape them and put a indentation in the center. Allow them to cool for 30 minutes then add some jelly beans for the eggs.

More pictures tomorrow, and hopefully I'll get it posted in the morning!

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: