Thursday, May 25, 2017

Mason Jar July Banner


I was playing around yesterday with the Sizzix Mason Jar die. 

Since the 4th is around the corner I wanted to make a banner. 

Wanted to do something a little different with the jars so cut them
 
out in sets of two and stitched around the edges with blue thread. 
 
 
I made 9 of them, using different designer paper, stickers, and embellishments. 
 
With some of the stickers I put them on white cardstock, cut around them, and
 
then mounted them to the jar with pop dots. I'll be using clothes pins to hang
 
them on jute. I'm thinking about taking three strands of jute and braiding them together. 
 
Oh the tops of the jars where cut with corrugated paper. 
 
Not sure what I'll be doing today. Going to rain some more. Joy!
 
Me and hubby went to visit his mom yesterday. We took her dinner. Her favorite...KFC. 
 
Later we walked around, and around the halls. It is a very large assisted living community that
 
she lives in. I was surprised on our walk that one of the sitting rooms had a old time spinning wheel
 
that can still be used. They have yarn. Pretty cool! 
 
Speaking of yarn on Tuesday crochet group meeting I started a scarf. I'll be making some to
 
donate. I know it will be warm as I'm using 2 different skeins of 4ply yarn. Going to be
 
pretty bulky. I'll post a photo when I'm finished with it. 
 
Stamping trails
Karen 

No comments: