Sunday, September 16, 2007

Banana Bread






Just a wee bit chilly yesterday morning. Perfect time to make something in the oven! Tried out a new recipe Banana Peanut butter bread. It just made the whole house smell yummy! Here is the recipe:


1/2 cup butter, softened, 1 cup white sugar, 1/2 peanut butter, 2 bananas mashed, 2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 chopped walnuts

1. Preheat over to 325, lightly grease a 5x9 inch loaf pan


2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs; beat well. Stir in peanut butter, bananas, flour and baking soda until blended. Fold in walnuts. Pour into pan


3. Bake at 325 for 60 to 70 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.


Tastes good with butter, but I enjoyed putting a bit of peanut butter on the warm bread. YUM!




I had some happy mail yesterday. Received two more obscure holiday cards. These two are from Lisa. International Peace Day 9-21-07. Great card! Good design and nice use of embellishments.
The second card is Elephant Appreciation Day. Another great card Lisa. She made this one for me as she knows I love Elephants. Funny story here. I'm making my cards this weekend and I was also going to do this obscure holiday, and I also found out that another person in this challenge....Connie was also going to select this one. So I'm switching gears at the last minute to find another one to do. Great minds think alike girls!! If you look at the older posts you will find info for the obscure holiday challenge I'm in. You'll also find a link to find a calendar just full of strange holidays!

No comments: