Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Bad old Puddy Tat!



Had a little bit of excitement last night. We have a indoor outdoor male cat Burbank, and he decided to bring mom a gift. I had fed him when I got home from work and he wanted outside, so I let him. About 15 minutes later I needed to go out to my car to get something. When I opened the door I saw Burbank on the front step with something in his mouth, before I could stop him he ran into the house. Now as he was getting in the door I reached down and grabbed him by the scruff of the neck and said you can bring that in here. Well I learned something.....never grab a cat by the scruff of the neck when he is holding something. He let it drop and the little brown fluff ball he was holding took off like a shot! Turned out to be a baby bunny. So now I'm home alone with a scared to death bunny running around in the house. Of course by this time Burbank starts chasing him again. I run out to the garage and get my hubby's work gloves come back in the house to find the cat had cornered the bunny behind a basket I have at the front door. Well I grabbed the bunny, all the while fighting off the cat who really wants his toy back. Bunny starts squealing at the top of his lungs. Did you know that bunnys make that noise? I sure didn't. I somehow manage to get the cat away from door and get the bunny back outside. He takes off like a bat out of you know where. And here I thought I was going to have a nice peaceful evening. I was working on my first tutorial for my blog. Well that got drop by the wayside and I created the card using Here Kitty, Kitty stamp set. I wrapped a piece of fiber up to make the bunny and added a scrap of cardstock for his ear. The saying was printed off the computer. I used Little Lamb font from Stampin'Up! cd.
Now I ask you how could this cute little face asleep on Sarah have caused so much trouble to me? Of course Sarah came home just after the excitement ended and when I told her my story she busted out laughing. Kids and cats!

2 comments:

Gwen Mangelson said...

I had a bunny that GROWLED at me when I tried to catch him to put him back in his cage- and we raised pet bunnies, so yes! I know the sounds they make!!!

Lorie said...

What a cute card and a funny story! My DOG brought a dead mouse into my house one time. I couldn't get my dog to come out of her kennel so that I could dispose of the mouse...GROSS!!