Sunday, October 4, 2015

Woollybear


A week weekends ago Skip was gathering stuff from 

the garden and bought in this little woollybear for me to see. 

I've never seen one this color before, normally they are brown and black. 

This one is more tan with black going down the center of his back. 

Skip said something that cute has got to be bad for the garden! He

took it outside and let it go in the woods. 


It tickles! Now how can I love something with this many legs,

but I'm scared to death of spiders?

Fox 8 news sponsors the Wooly Bear Festival in Vermilion Ohio. Turns

out that the 43rd annual Wooly Bear Festival is today.

Here is a link if you'd like to learn more about these furry little things.

I've never been to one, but I just added this event to my bucket list, so

I'll be attending the festival next year, as I'm sure to be walking, and back to

a "mobile" life again!

Sarah and Jason are stopping by this afternoon. I plan to make some

cheesy spaghetti for dinner. Yesterday I made some pumpkin bread, and

chili. Love Fall weather!
Stamping trails
Karen 


2 comments:

momof2 said...

Hi Karen! I just recently saw that the Metro Parks posted on fb about these wooly bears being poisonous. I couldn't find the article, but did find this on snopes.

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/insects/tussock.asp

Krafting Karen said...

thanks for the link. I never knew that!