Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Love You Sew, and Inky Fingers


Love you Sew is a Hostess stamp set from the occasions catalog. 

Just yesterday afternoon I got to play with it. 

This card also uses Timeless Textures for the background. Seems

like I am always pulling that set out! 


Here is a closer look of the card. The black and white bakers twine I had

in my stash. Pretty sure Kat gave it to me. The buttons were just ones out of the

button drawer. Remind me one day to show you all the buttons I have and how I store them. 

Colors are Smokey Slate, Basic Gray and black. 


This is one of the stamps from Timeless Textures that I used. 

One of the best ways I've found to use it is to ink it up then

stamp it off two times on scrap paper. Next step is to stamp

it on the cardstock and without lifting the stamp drag it across the card. 

Lift and repeat as desired. 


Now I have to share with you one of my pet peeves about white cardstock.....

I'm a messy stamper...There I've said it. 

I tend to get ink on my figures, and when I work with white cardstock it gets smudged. 

That is just what happened to the inside of my card. I wanted to work the smudges into the card as 
 
opposed

to scrapping it and starting over, so I just shabby chic it. There

is still room on the inside to write a message, and I was able to use some

cardstock scraps as well. 

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: