Thursday, June 25, 2020

Snippit Paper Roll


Since I started getting addicted to junk journals I'm 

making more paper scraps than ever! 

What to do? 

Found a video on You Tube showing how to make a paper snippit roll. 

Okay so what is that? 


I think of it as a crazy quilt except instead of using fabric you

use bits, and pieces of paper scraps. 

For the base I used a cash register roll that I picked up at Hollo's

paper store last week. They were actually giving a stack of them away

for free! So I got about 10 of them. 

After I glued down all the bits, and pieces I ran three rows of stitching

down the piece using my sewing machine. I think you can

skip this step as the glue holds all the pieces down, but I like

the look the stitching gives. 


So I'm sure the next question is how will you use this? 

The idea is to cut or tear off pieces from the strip, and

use them for pockets or side bars in junk journals. I 

know I'm going to be making lots of these, as they

are relaxing to make!!!!! This girl loves

collage, and shabby chic plus I have lots of scraps

so this is a project with my name all over it! 

Stamping trails
Karen 

No comments: