Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Belli Challenge #58



For this weeks challenge Chrissy posted this book cover. We were to get inspired by it to make a card. Took me a while on this one. I have all this glossy black cardstock that I've not used so it was easy to figure out the base card. As for the rest of it I had to think a bit more. When I first saw the book cover I thought of sorrow. Guess it was because the flower was hanging up side down, so I went with making a sympathy card. For my flower I inked it with VersaMark and stamped on a glossy page from a magazine. Next it was embossed with silver embossing powder, heat set, then cut out. Ric-Rac was added and the flower glued down. Also used the new silver hardward from SU. Purchased that last year and had not used it till now. Word is a single stamp by Antia.
Want to see more? You can view the Belli Team members artwork on our new blog! Also check out my side bar for all the Belli Team's sites. You will find some great stuff on there sites.
Stamping trails
Karen

6 comments:

Holly said...

Such a cool card! Love the ribbon for the stem of the flower!

Shelly Koskinen said...

Great take on this challenge!

Christi Flores said...

This is beautiful!!! I love the stem!

Ceal said...

great job with the challenge I think the majority of us went the simple route and did the colors

Joan Ervin said...

Karen...you flower is beautiful on the black background and I love how you did the stem...soooo gorgeous!!!!

Anne Harada said...

VERY creative! I thought of a sympathy card too when I saw the cover!! I have some black glossy some place, gotta go find it now!! What a lovely card, it will surely bring some cheer to the recepient!!