Saturday, March 28, 2009

Matchbox


Funny when I hear the word matchbox I think of cars. That's what happens when you have an older brother or a son. Well these matchbox's are not cars. They are cute little boxes filled with Easter candy. The Matchbox die is new in the SU line and will be in the new Occasions mini catty that will start in April. Just around the corner! YAY finally will be out of March and on to warmer weather.
The cute little bunny on the box is also in the Occasions mini called Forest Friends. It's just a darling little set. The tags on the front of this matchbox are also part of the matchbox die. There are three different labels and different sizes. For the base of the box I used Elegant Eggplant. For the top I used a clear acetate sheet. Bottom of the box only takes two pieces of mono adhesive to hold it together. For the clear top I used three mini glue dots. Since I designed these for my neices I wanted them to be able to open them up with no trouble so once the grass and candy was added I glued a piece of ribbon to the bottom of the box, wrapped it around and tied it in the front of the box. When the top is on the box it can be opened by pulling the ribbon in front. Other things used, flower punch, small button, white gel pen, stamp-n-ma-jig.
********************************************************************
Getting my hair cut and dyed today. Make sure you check back tomorrow for a pic! I'm a bit scared but I'm hoping it will look good.
Stamping trails
Karen 205

No comments: