Saturday, March 7, 2009

Change


I've been thinking a lot about change the past two days. Ever since the Weight Watchers meeting on Thursday. Our group leader read us a children's story about the crunching, munching caterpillar. Cute story about a caterpillar that saw a bee, bird, and butterfly that all had wings and could fly. The caterpillar wished that he had wings too and could fly, but sadly could not. Soon the caterpillar went into a deep sleep and when he awoke discovered that he could fly, for he had turned into a beautiful butterfly. That story inspired me to make this card.
Quote:
Change is the Essence of Life
Be willing to surrender what you are for
What you could Become.
I've often heard mostly at work that Change is good. Well I don't think I believe that's true 100% of the time. But for me weight loss is a good change. I've been overweight for so long that sometimes I think I try to sabotage myself. The closer I get to being under 200 pounds the more I try not to. Anyway it's just an internal battle that I have with myself. With that said I'm going to follow the above quote and continue toward my goal.
The card was made using the new SU eyelet punch. Pretty simple to punch around a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 piece of cardstock and turn it into a punched eyelet square. Center squares are 1 inch So Saffron stamped with Close to Cocoa ink. I had to ink my pad. I didn't realize it was so dry. Big difference in the color after I stamped the butterflies. I think I'm going to make time this weekend to re-ink all my pads.
Stamping Trails
Karen 208

1 comment:

Anne Harada said...

Karen I love this card! Fabulous composition, and I'm not looking at the gorgeous lace border. Because I'm not buying it....I am not buying it....I am not buying it... LOL!!